Follow the instructions listed below AS WELL AS the continued instructions listed in the instructions document attached.
This exam consists of two parts. All papers need to be typed, double spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5 x 11 inches) with margins of 1 inch on all sides and use times new roman 12-point font. The papers should be prepared according to APA style, following the guidelines in the APA Manual:
PART ONE: CREATE YOUR OWN THEORY 2 PAGES MAX
Students will integrate elements of at least three theories and develop a personal theoretical framework. Each student will write his or her own theory of therapy. This paper should encourage a critical analysis of existing theoretical models and stimulate and in-depth examination of individual beliefs about background, culture, and philosophical issues.
PART TWO: APPLY ONE THEORY FROM BOOK TO THE CASE & CONCEPTUALIZE IT
The exam requires that you consider all the theories reviewed this semester and select one theoretical approach from the list below, in order to write a case conceptualization applied to a case vignette. If you prefer to take an integrative approach, then you will select aspects of several theories for the case conceptualization. There is no specific required length for your case conceptualization, as long as you clearly respond to the questions.
Provide a case conceptualization that includes:
1. An explanation of why you selected the particular theoretical approach from the list above for this case; why you decided the theory is a good fit for the case. If you take an integrative approach, explain your rationale for selecting the aspects of the theories you selected.
2. Whether you plan to provide individual or family therapy, and your rationale
3. An explanation of what you believe are the main problem(s) in this case vignette (in the clients situation)
4. An explanation of the factors you believe are maintaining the main problem(s)
5. Identify and describe two theory-relevant constructs (terms/concepts/ideas) that are unique or emblematic of the theory/theories selected and describe how these constructs are used to understand the development and maintenance of the clients main problems.
6. Throughout your response about the main problem(s) and factors maintaining these problems, include the questions you would want to ask the client(s) to gain an understanding of the situation.
THE INSTRUCTIONS DOC CONTAINS THE CASE VIGNETTE!
I HAVE ATTACHED THE BOOK, AS WELL AS ALL THE THEORIES.