T7 W3 Cul D1 R2

You did my paper Order170064823_21May2020_04-27-15. Todays paper is to be addressing other students papers to this assignment.

Peer Responses:

Length: A minimum of 150 words per post, not including references
    Citations: At least one high-level scholarly reference in APA per post from within the last 5 years
    Citations need to be within 5 (Five)  years
    Context: Nursing in the USA

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

T7 W3 Cul D1 R2

A newer area in healthy people 2020 includes the social determinants of health. This area focuses on a multidimensional aspect of health care that continuously assesses and mobilizes people to improve overall population health. Social determinants include access to resources, safety, support, culture, literacy, socioeconomic status, violence, and many others. Physical determinants include housing, surrounding neighborhood, and potential pollutants in the area. Overall this area of Healthy People 2020 focuses on the whole person and the importance of understanding each individual patients situation is unique. Culture plays a large aspect to the social determinants of health as each persons culture is influenced by their social determinants of health. As a future advanced practice nurse this is an essential area that will be critical in my care for patients. Understanding each patients unique determinants will allow me to adapt the care for the patient to accommodate and adapt to the accessibility of resources they have. The importance of understanding what each person has available to them and the culture that affects their decision making could change the plan of care for the patient as a provider (Social, 2020).
Patients that have less accessibility to parks, gyms, or neighborhood sidewalks can change how I would approach exercise discussions with patients. Dietary education would need to be adapted as well in regards to availability of healthy food options, along with culture considerations of foods cooked in the home. As a provider we cannot determine what our patients will do with the education we provide them however we are obliged to consider all dynamics in our patients lives and give them the resources to help them and provide high quality patient centered care.

References:
Social Determinants of Health. (2020). Retrieved from https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/social-determinants-of-health

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *