Levels of Care Paper
Purpose: To afford the student an opportunity to learn about one health care options available to individuals no longer able to function fully independently in the community.
* Each student will write a paper explaining the various levels of care available to the elderly in the community and in institutions. Levels of care to include should at minimum:
* independent at home
* Home with non-professional help
* Home with therapy and/or assistance by a healthcare professional
* Assisted living facility
* Rehabilitation care (home and institutional)
* Custodial care
* Skilled nursing care facilities.
Describe the level of assistance provided and include an estimate of the cost and admissions criteria.
The paper may be presented in a table format or paragraph format following APA guidelines.
You may obtain information from agencies, specific facilities, or reputable websites. I highly suggest also that you research guidelines and information available from professional nursing organizations.