Knowledge and Skills Intervention
For this assignment:
Select a training intervention that would address a root cause of the performance problem or that would support the non-training intervention you identified in the Unit 7 assignment. For instance, while your performance problem may not have a root cause in “lack of knowledge and skill,” you could create a training program that would support the non-training intervention in the Unit 7 assignment. As an example, in that assignment, you might have created a new process for handling paperwork in a department. Workers will probably need training in how to carry out the new process. Thus you could create a training program that helps workers use the new paperwork process.
Use these headings to describe the design of your training intervention:
1. Intervention title.
2. Description of performance gap and root cause that will be addressed in this intervention, or a description of the non-training intervention the training will support.
4. Target audience. (Include an explanation of how your chosen non-training intervention will address the performance needs of the stakeholders.)
5. Theory. (Describe the learning theory that undergirds your design of the intervention.)
6. Timing. (How long will it take to implement the intervention?)
7. Requirements. (What kinds of logistical and other elements are required to make the intervention work?)
8. Design description. (Give a detailed description of the critical elements of the intervention, the sequence or arrangement of these elements, and any other description that will help you or others create the supporting material that will implement the intervention. Further, consider how you will communicate the scope and rationale of training intervention design decisions to stakeholders.)
9. Tools. (Design and create any tools, such as presentation outlines, job aids, et cetera, that will be required for the success of your intervention.)