***NEED DONE ASAP PLEASE***
Agency Evaluation Paper
You will write a 4 page paper, double spaced, evaluating the non-profit of your choosing.
You will need to use the National Center for Charitable Statistics Database and Charity Navigator to obtain some of your information.
You may also need to search news stories to obtain information on the type of relationship the nonprofit has with government.
The paper will need to address all of the following questions:
1) What type of non-profit is the organization (social welfare, charitable, religious, educational, civic association, etc.)?
2) What is the organizations mission (this can usually be found on the organizations website)?
3) What type of programs and/or services do they offer? (If it is a religious organization you will want to include any type charitable work they do, if any).
4) How well does the design of their programs and services help them meet their mission statement?
5) What type of obstacles might they run into when meeting their mission?
a. Lack of funding
b. Lack of volunteers
c. Too much growth or not enough
d. Local, state, or national policies
6) How do they receive the majority of their funding? (Government contracts, donations, grants, etc. )
7) What is the predominant relationship they have with the Government, complimentary, supplemental, or adversarial? (Please fully explain and describe this relationship). Has the relationship changed over time?
8) If not adversarial, have there been times when it was adversarial?
9) What type of rating does the charity have with Charity Navigator? What explains the high or low rating? If they are not rated with charity navigator, why?
10) Overall, what recommendations would you make to improve the effectiveness of the non-profit organization?
National Center for Charitable Statistics Database and Charity Navigator links
Nonprofit of my choosing
— Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Search news stories to obtain information on the type of relationship the nonprofit has with government and include sources.